ENTERTAINMENT

Justin Bieber returning to Latin America three years after tumultuous tour

Justin Bieber is making an emphatic return to Latin America – although this time, he's steering clear of Argentina.

The singer announced Tuesday he was taking his “Purpose Tour” to Latin America with performances in Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama and Costa Rica in early 2017.

He will also make stops in the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

“Latin America we’re coming,” the singer tweeted with a photo of the dates.

Bieber, 22, returns to Latin America three years ago after his tumultuous “Believe” tour through the region, which included accusations of desecrating the Argentine flag, cutting a concert short, visiting a brothel in Brazil, as well as making his mark – in the form of graffiti – in both Bogotá, Colombia, and Rio de Janeiro.

More On This...

Earlier this year, however, the Canadian pop singer announced he would not be going to Argentina because he has been banned by the country’s government.

In a series of tweets in May, Bieber said he would like nothing more than to bring his tour to Argentina.

“If things were to change I would love to come, but at this time I cannot. For everyone else in South America, I look forward to seeing you,” he wrote, before adding: “Argentina, I do love you. It is in fact one of my favorite places to tour. I wish this was not the case. My lawyers say it is what it is.”

It all stems from a November 2013 concert in Buenos Aires during which the singer kicked the country’s flag off the stage while performing.

At the time, he said he was unaware the object in question was the nation’s flag and was concerned that he or another performer onstage would slip on it.

On social media, he apologized for the incident, posting, "I'm being told by my team it was a shirt, but even if it was a flag, I would never do anything to disrespect Argentina.”

Bieber’s troubles did end there. In 2014, he was ordered back to Argentina to testify about an incident during the same tour in which he allegedly sent two of his bodyguards to beat up a photographer. When the “Never Say Never” singer didn’t make it to the court, an international arrest warrant was issued for him.

The arrest warrant was later revoked, but the charges against him in Argentina still stand.

Bieber’s announcement of new dates also comes days after he walked offstage mid-show in Manchester, England, because screaming fans wouldn’t settle down.

“I appreciate all the support. I appreciate love I appreciate the kind things,” he told fans on Sunday, according to Billboard. “But the screaming in these breaks has got to stop. Please, and thank you. I don't think it's necessary when I'm trying to say something, and you guys are screaming.”

After fans continued to yell, Bieber gave up, dropped the microphone and walked out.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter & Instagram

AROUND THE WEB