Aug 11, 2015 at 9:49pm PDT
Here's what's happening out there:
• Christina Aguilera shared a topless selfie with her Instagram followers on Tuesday (below), remarking that she "felt it was time to start sharing some personal stuff." We're not sure why she didn't just share a new song, which she hasn't done in years and seems like kind of a personal thing, but whatever. This'll do for now.
• Could anybody else use a drink right now? We've got just the thing: the Double Dare from NYC's Bar Room. Luckily, bartender Danny Neff was kind enough to share his very personal recipe — and yet he didn't do it topless! Go figure, right? Anyway, watch the tutorial below to learn how it's made, then
• Gwyneth Paltrow is planning to release a new cookbook called "It's All Easy: Healthy, Delicious Weeknight Meals in Under 30 Minutes." It's due out in April 2016, so until then, we'll just have to continue forcing down the difficult-to-prepare, unhealthy and tasteless garbage she assumes we're all eating every night.
• On Tuesday, Kim Kardashian shared a nude photo on Instagram as proof that she actually is pregnant, and not using a surrogate or somehow faking it, as some have presumably suggested. So in summation, Kim shared a nude photo to prove she's pregnant and only to prove she's pregnant, and not at all because her doppelganger sister turned 18 the other day and started going hog-wild on Instagram.
• On Monday night's episode of "Late Night With Seth Meyers," Winona Ryder kinda confirmed that a sequel to "Beetlejuice" is in the works. But she soon admitted to not knowing any other details, so the chance of actually seeing a sequel in our lifetime is only marginally better than finding a real-life Beetlejuice in the attic of our house.
• English singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran celebrated a personal achievement (selling out Wembley Stadium for three consecutive nights) by getting a large, full-color lion tattoo inked into his chest on Tuesday (below). He presumably continued his celebrations later that evening by ferociously rubbing ointment into his scarred dermis.
Aug 11, 2015 at 2:36am PDT
• "All About That Bass" singer Meghan Trainor has canceled the rest of her "MTrain" tour due to bruised and hemorrhaging vocal chords. Ticket-holders of the 16 remaining shows were no doubt disappointed by the news, but probably not as disappointed as they'd be if Trainor showed up and just spewed blood on everyone.
• The CW is reportedly developing a TV adaptation of "The Notebook" to focus on Noah and Allie weathering the "racial politics, economic inequities and social mores of post-World War II of the late 1940s." With such heavy subject matter, we can only pray the showrunners make time for plenty of rain-based make-out sessions.
• A new trailer for Universal's live-action "Jem and the Holograms" movie was released on Tuesday (below), and it finally confirms that, yes, the filmmakers included a "hologram" computer just like in the cartoon (even though it really only projects 2-D movie). The trailer also seems to confirm that, yes, the filmmakers are really making a live-action "Jem and the Holograms" movie.
• Uggie, the Jack Russell Terrier who played "The Dog" in the Oscar-winning 2011 film "The Artist," had to be put down last week due to a prostate tumor. It's heartbreaking news, for sure, but at least he can rest peacefully knowing he enjoyed almost four years of being arguably more famous than that other terrier from "Frasier."