Aug 4, 2015 at 9:25am PDT
Here's what people are talking about at the water cooler:
• Earlier this week on Instagram, Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli shared a swimsuit snap in which she's holding two round objects, but she didn't offer any explanation as to what they were, or which campaign the pic came from. Therefore, we can only assume that Bar is the new spokesmodel for the American Egg Farmers Committee, out spreading the health benefits of farm-fresh eggs somewhere in Tahiti.
• Sundance TV's "Rectify" is about as addictive as TV gets. In fact, star Abigail Spencer — who also currently stars on HBO's "True Detective" — says "Rectify" is probably the best show on TV. To find out why and see some clips from the show, be sure to watch our exclusive interview with Spencer below.
• A couple of unruly concert-goers tried to grab at Taylor Swift during her recent concert in Edmonton, Alberta (below). Taylor was unharmed and carried on with the show, but not before shooting them the nastiest look, and then shooting her bodyguards a different look that was surely a signal to clobber those jerks on the way out.
Aug 4, 2015 at 10:49pm PDT
• According to sources for Us Weekly, Kendall Jenner and Nick Jonas are an item, and it's all thanks to the matchmaking skills of Kendall's friend Gigi Hadid (who herself is dating Nick's brother Joe). So if she's interested, we'd like to invite Gigi to set us up with any of her successful supermodel or recording artist friends.
• Beyonce posed for a photoshoot with the CR Fashion Book in order to plug her new line of temporary tattoos (see one below). The collection includes designs and sayings inspired by her lyrics, but not a single skull, flaming 8-ball or holographic "Space Jam" tattoo, so if you're in the market for one of those, head to the temporary tattoo vending machine near the exit of your local Safeway.
Aug 5, 2015 at 11:28am PDT
• Rapper Busta Rhymes was arrested for assault on Wednesday after allegedly throwing a cardboard drink container of strawberry protein milk at an NYC gym employee. But seeing as that's exactly how we used to tell our crushes we liked them in elementary school, perhaps Busta just really really likes this guy.
• Irish actor Colin Farrell has signed on for the upcoming Harry Potter spin-off film "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," scheduled for release in 2016. In doing so, he becomes pretty much the last cast member from "In Bruges" to give in and finally resign himself to the "Harry Potter" universe.
• Adrian Grenier chopped off most of his signature hair earlier this week, documenting the process for his Instagram followers (below). Grenier failed to mention whether the new 'do was for any specific role, but it's also possible he was merely changing up his look to distance himself from that recent "Entourage" movie nobody seemed to like.
Aug 4, 2015 at 7:17am PDT
• As revealed by "Empire" creator Lee Daniels during her Hollywood Walk of Fame induction ceremony, Mariah Carey will be joining the cast of FOX's hit show in its second season. It's not yet known if Carey will appear in a guest or recurring capacity, but there's a good chance she'll be playing a fictionalized of herself, perhaps with even more outlandishly
• HBO has debuted the first full-lenth trailer for their second season of "The Leftovers" (below), which sees the Garvey family relocate to a sleepy Texas town somehow unaffected by the "Sudden Departure" of the world's population. Because that'll somehow fix things! Maybe!
• After a 10-month legal battle to determine if they had the rights to the name, Warner Bros. has announced plans to move forward with a film adaptation of "Dungeons and Dragons." Apparently, the idea to simply call their high-fantasy franchise anything else — like maybe "Lord of Thrones" or "The Crystal Labyrinth" — never occurred to them.