Published November 17, 2014
STOCKHOLM-- Media reports in Sweden say a man suspected of a year-long shooting spree against immigrants in the southern part of the country has been ordered held in jail on preliminary charges of one murder and five attempted murders.
A court document before the hearing in the Malmo district court identified the man as 38-year-old Peter Mangs. He has denied the allegations.
Investigators say they believe he is the lone gunman who has terrorized the city since October last year with more than a dozen shootings against people with immigrant backgrounds.
Police said Mangs doesn't have a previous criminal record, and holds a license for two guns that were seized in his apartment.
Swedish radio says the court ruled he was a flight risk and ordered him jailed during the investigation.