Print Print    Close Close

Saudi security say 2 Italians injured in apparent attack

Published June 18, 2019

Associated Press

Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry says two Italians were wounded in the coastal city of Jiddah earlier this month in what appears to have been a premeditated attack targeting their cars.

Interior Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Mansour al-Turki told The Associated Press security forces are pursuing the June 7 incident as a criminal act that appears to be centered around a personal dispute.

Al-Turki says preliminary investigations show an explosive device was placed under the gas pedals of two cars, causing the vehicles to catch fire and injuring the drivers, but not the other Italian passengers.

Italian authorities are cooperating in the ongoing investigation.

The U.S. Consulate in Jiddah recently issued a security alert saying it was aware of two car bombings that resulted in several injuries and no deaths.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/world/saudi-security-say-2-italians-injured-in-apparent-attack

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ