Print Print    Close Close

Report: Iran suspends $2.6B gas project

Published November 20, 2014

Associated Press

Iran's media says the country has suspended a $2.6 billion gas project with a Chinese consortium over a funding dispute.

The semiofficial Mehr agency on Sunday quotes an unnamed official as saying the consortium failed to provide financing for a liquid natural gas plant more than three years after it signed an agreement to build it.

The report did not identify the Chinese firms' names, although the media previously identified the group as SINOC.

It said the facility was to be built within 41 months. The official said the Chinese partner could resume its job after it provided the financing.

Iran has turned to Chinese firms for its oil and gas projects in recent years, as the country has faced tightening international sanctions because of its disputed nuclear program.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/world/report-iran-suspends-2-6b-gas-project

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ