Print Print    Close Close

Investigation Launched Into Major London Fire

Published January 07, 2015

SkyNews

An investigation has begun into what caused Friday's huge fire in an office in Soho, central London.

One hundred firefighters fought to contain the blaze as it engulfed a four-story building on London's Dean Street in Soho. Fifty people were evacuated from the office.

There are suggestions the fire may have started in an air conditioning duct in the building's basement, which was home to finance company Future Capital Partners.

Fire crews were called at around 9 a.m. and about an hour later roughly 10% of the building was alight, London Fire Brigade said.

Kensington fire station manager Andy Pike said no members of the public were injured but two firefighters had been slightly hurt.

"It caused a great deal of disruption around here, lots of the roads were closed," said Sky News reporter Emma Birchley.

Click here to read the full report from Sky News.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/world/investigation-launched-into-major-london-fire

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ