Print Print    Close Close

Interim sheriff: Reserve deputy program's return undecided

Published February 04, 2016

Associated Press

An Oklahoma county's third sheriff in four months says the fate of the agency's reserve deputy program is still undecided after a member fatally shot an unarmed man last year.

Interim Tulsa County Sheriff Michelle Robinette says the future of the roughly 120-member reserve corps will be determined after a firm completes its outside review of the agency.

Fourteen reserves left the volunteer program by October. Robinette, who took over as interim this week, says she doesn't know how many have departed since then. But she says there have been "a lot of resignations and retirements."

A grand jury investigated the sheriff's office after former volunteer deputy Robert Bates fatally shot Eric Harris last April. Jurors later indicted then-Sheriff Stanley Glanz, accusing him of failing to release an internal report.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/us/interim-sheriff-reserve-deputy-programs-return-undecided

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ