Print Print    Close Close

120-Plus Evacuated After Oregon Motel Explosion

Published November 17, 2014

Associated Press

A police spokesman says an occupant of a motel room rocked by an explosion in the Willamette Valley town of Newberg, Ore., has told officers he was cooking hashish there just before the blast.

Newberg-Dundee Police Capt. Jeff Kosmicki says the seriously burned 29-year-old man remains at a Portland hospital. Kosmicki said late Thursday afternoon that no charges had been filed in the 3 a.m. blast that forced the evacuation of 123 guests from the Best Western Newberg Inn.

The officer said earlier that police had ruled out a meth lab or a gas line issue as possible causes.

Kosmicki says a 26-year-old woman and a 2-year-old girl who were also staying in the room suffered minor injuries.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/us/120-plus-evacuated-after-oregon-motel-explosion

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ