Print Print    Close Close

Princess Cruises Cancels Port Calls in Puerto Vallarta

Published November 20, 2014

Associated Press

MEXICO CITY -- A cruise line says it is canceling stops in the Mexican port of Puerto Vallarta later this year to protect its passengers from the violence.

A spokeswoman for Princess Cruises, a brand of Carnival Corp., says the company has dropped three calls in November and December.

Karen Candy said in an email statement to The Associated Press Thursday that the ships will now have longer stops in Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas.

She said the line is worried about security in Puerto Vallarta's surrounding areas.

Puerto Vallarta port authorities said they have not been contacted by the company. Port director Alex Casarrubias said no cruises have canceled. Other cruise ships announced earlier this year canceling calls in Mazatlan, a nearby port.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/princess-cruises-cancels-port-calls-in-puerto-vallarta

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ