Print Print    Close Close

Doctors May Give Pope Tracheotomy

Published January 13, 2015

Associated Press

Doctors were consulting about the possibility of performing a tracheotomy (search) on Pope John Paul II (search), who was hospitalized Thursday after suffering fever and congestion from a recurrence of the flu, a news agency reported.

ANSA, an Italian news agency, said doctors were considering the procedure in which a hole is made in the throat and a tube is inserted to assist breathing. The report did not cite sources.

The 84-year-old pontiff, who appeared to have rebounded strongly after being hospitalized with the flu and breathing problems earlier this month, was rushed to thesday.

During his 10-day hospitalization earlier this month, the Vatican said John Paul did not require a tracheotomy.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/story/doctors-may-give-pope-tracheotomy

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ