Print Print    Close Close

Former White Sox player LaRoche doesn't regret walking away

Published April 19, 2016

FoxSports

NEW YORK (AP) Former Chicago White Sox player Adam LaRoche says he has no regrets walking away from baseball and $13 million in salary after a dispute with the team over the presence of his young son at the ballpark.

LaRoche tells ABC News it hasn't been the end of the world for him. The 36-year-old did not rule out a return to baseball someday if a team wants him.

LaRoche retired last month and said White Sox executive Kenny Williams had asked him to cut the amount of time his 14-year-old son, Drake, was spending around the team. The incident sparked anger from players across the major leagues and prompted questions about the balance between work and parenting.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/former-white-sox-player-laroche-doesnt-regret-walking-away

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ