Print Print    Close Close

Aaron Hernandez phone calls tapped before 1st murder trial

Published January 30, 2017

FoxSports

BOSTON (AP) A new report says former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez had his jailhouse phone calls hacked ahead of his first murder trial.

A Suffolk Sheriff's Department spokesman tells the Boston Herald (http://bit.ly/2dTprym ) the hacking happened in 2014, when Hernandez was being held in a Boston jail. He was convicted in 2015 of killing the boyfriend of his fiancee's sister.

The spokesman says the breach was discovered in a database operated by Securus Technologies during a routine security check. Securus has since resolved the issue. He didn't say who accessed Hernandez's calls.

Hernandez is awaiting trial on a 2012 double homicide.

Prosecutors say they didn't know the phones had been tapped, and his current defense team says it hadn't been told about the breach. His previous defense team didn't comment.

---

Information from: Boston Herald, http://www.bostonherald.com

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aaron-hernandez-phone-calls-tapped-before-1st-murder-trial

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ