MEXICO CITY – The governor of Mexico's Caribbean coast state of Quintana Roo says his administration will solve the killings of three women in the resort city of Cancun over the last few days.
Gov. Roberto Borge says suspects have been identified in two of the killings. One was arrested for the killing of a woman whose body was found in Cancun's hotel zone.
Borge's office said Wednesday the other suspect may have fled to the nearby city of Merida.
The killing of a third woman last week remains unsolved. She was a university student whose body bore apparent signs of sexual abuse. Her killing sparked a protest march by thousands of people in Cancun on Sunday.
To date, the resort has largely been spared the violence affecting other parts of Mexico.