KABUL, Afghanistan – An Afghan official says a suicide bomber struck a minibus carrying government employees in Kabul, killing at least one person and wounding 13.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi says the minibus was carrying employees of the attorney general's office when it was attacked early Monday.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack in a text message to media.
The attack was the first in the capital since the insurgents launched their annual warm-weather offensive on April 24.
The Taliban are engaged in fierce fighting in northern Kunduz province, where thousands of government forces are struggling to fend off a major offensive that last week threatened the provincial capital.