Uruguay's foreign minister says the government will provide private housing to six ex-Guantanamo detainees only if they sign paperwork agreeing to terms they have so far rejected.

Rodolfo Nin Novoa made the statements Monday as four of the six former detainees kept up their protest in front of the U.S. Embassy in Montevideo. They began protesting Friday night, and stayed through the weekend, using sleeping bags at night.

Ex-detainee Ali Husain Shaaban says they will remain until they have solutions to their problems.

The men have refused to sign an agreement for the housing, saying the Uruguayan government promised more help than stipulated in the paperwork. They are also demanding the U.S. government help them financially. They spent nearly 13 years in Guantanamo before being released to Uruguay in December.