RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia's foreign minister has refused calls from Tehran to stop its aerial assault on Iranian-supported Houthi rebels and their allies in Yemen.
Prince Saud al-Faisal says his country is not at war with Iran, but charged Tehran with fueling the cycle of violence in Yemen. Saudi Arabia accuses Iran of providing logistical support to the Houthis. Tehran supports the rebels but denies arming them.
Al-Faisal said "Iran is not in charge of Yemen," during a press conference Sunday in Riyadh alongside his French counterpart, Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius.
Saudi Arabia says its bombardment of Yemen is to restore the internationally recognized President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi to power. Hadi fled Yemen last month and has sought temporary refuge in Saudi Arabia.