ISLAMABAD – Pakistani state TV says a high-level delegation has left for Saudi Arabia to assess whether to take part in Riyadh's coalition battling Shiite rebels in Yemen.
The TV report Tuesday says the delegation includes Pakistani Defense Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif, National Security Adviser Sartaj Aziz and some military officers.
Pakistan has voiced support for the mission but is not taking part in the Saudi-led airstrikes. Asif said Monday that Pakistan hadn't yet decided whether to dispatch combat troops.
The Saudi-led coalition began airstrikes last week targeting the Iran-supported rebels, known as Houthis, who seized Yemen's capital in September.
Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said his country will help protect Saudi Arabia's sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Pakistan already has 292 troops in Saudi Arabia taking part in joint exercises.