Every year when it feels like the winter blues are going to get the best of you, TripAdvisor releases its lists of the best beaches in the world, as determined by visitors to the site.
TripAdvisor’s Travelers' Choice Beaches Awards, which are based on reviews and ratings left on the site over a 12-month period, singled out 276 beaches from Australia to Canada.
Rabbit Beach, a beautiful Mediterranean spot on the Italian island of Lampedusa, topped its list of the top 25 beaches in the world. Popular tourist destination Grace Bay in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos and Whitehaven Beach in Airlie Beach, Australia (where you can polish your jewelry in the fine, white sand) rounded out the top three.
Here are the top 10:
1. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Whitehaven Beach, Airlie Beach, Australia
4. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
5. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
6. Playa de las Catedrales, Ribadeo, Spain
7. Lopes Mendes Beach, Ilha Grande, Brazil
8. Horseshoe Bay Beach, Southampton Parish, Bermuda
9. Eagle Beach, Aruba
10. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
TripAdvisor also broke down the list into the 25 best U.S. beaches. Beaches in Florida and Hawaii dominated the list, claiming nine and eight spots respectively.
Ka'anapali Beach in Lahaina, Hawaii was voted the best beach in the U.S., with Sarasota, Fla.’s Siesta Key Public Beach and Pensacola, Fla.’s Gulf Islands National Seashore rounding out the top three. Other popular beaches in the top 10 include Lanikai Beach in Kailua, Hawaii (#5), Assateague Beach in Assateague Island, Va. (#7) and Laguna Beach in Laguna Beach, Calif. (#9).
Check out our slideshow of TripAdvisor’s best beaches in the U.S.