Grapevine: Man shares wanted poster of himself on Facebook

Captured 45 minutes later


And now some fresh pickings from the Political Grapevine...

Pointing Fingers

The blame game is of course nothing new in the world of politics.

But, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has found a new target...soap operas.

He accuses the popular telenovelas of spreading anti-values to young people by highlighting violence, guns and drugs.

The country's vice president held meetings with TV stations Monday, to review prime-time lineups, to make sure they do not violate a law mandating that programming be socially responsible.

Critics call the message a smokescreen to hide the real causes of violence and an excuse to censor media criticism of the government.

The U.N. ranks Venezuela's homicide rate as the fifth worse globally.

It has grown by 400 percent in 15 years of socialist rule.

Friendly Skies, Eh?

Security guards at a Canadian airport found a pipe bomb in a teenager's bag.

Sounds like good work. The problem?

The Edmonton Journal reports, the officers not only let the traveler board his plane, but they offered to give the bomb back to him.

The teenager claimed he created the device to blow up in a field for fun and had forgotten it was in his bag.

Skylar Murphy refused to take the pipe bomb back and was cleared through to board his flight to Mexico for a family vacation.

He was arrested a week later upon his return to Canada and pled guilty to possession of an explosive substance.

Some of the officers involved have been suspended, others must attend additional training.

Canada's transportation minister called the incident unacceptable.

Sharing Is Caring

Finally, note to criminals -- if you see a police Facebook post of your wanted poster it may be not be the best idea to share it on your own Facebook page.

According to local reporters, that is exactly what one Pennsylvania man did, and 45 minutes later he was in custody after agreeing to a Facebook-arranged meeting with an undercover police officer.

The police shared their victory, fittingly, on their Facebook page.