The final decision over whether Miss California Carrie Prejean can keep her crown will be reached by Tuesday, Miss USA contest owner Donald Trump told FOX News.
Trump said there are "things to look at," but, "hopefully it will be a positive decision."
A news conference will be held Tuesday to announce Prejean's fate, Trump told FOX and Friends.
RELATED: Carrie Prejean's signed Miss California contract.
PHOTOS: 10 beauty pageant scandals from years past.
Prejean was named first runner-up in the April 19 Miss USA pageant during which she responded to a judge's question by saying she favored limiting marriage to a man and a woman.
Since then, the state pageant has been investigating whether the 21-year-old violated her contestant contract by making public appearances with groups opposed to same-sex marriage and by failing to reveal that she had posed in her underwear as a teenager.
Trump skirted around questions as to whether Prejan's photos violated any pageant rules.
"Most of these girls are models," Trump said. "They do things that are not necessarily a bad thing. And look, Carrie is a seriously good looking girl. Because of her looks, [they] are making such a big deal with this."
Co-directors of the Miss California USA pageant Keith Lewis and Shanna Moakler and Prejean's representatives are close to a resolution on the issue, Lewis said Friday.
But unless Prejean relinquishes the job on her own, "Trump ultimately makes the decision" to disqualify her or not, Lewis said.