A 10-year-old girl suffered burns on 70 percent of her body after a 16-minute session at an unmanned tanning salon.

A few hours after she left the tanning salon in Port Talbot, South Wales, England, Kelly Thompson was taken to the hospital.

Doctors at the Welsh Center for Burns and Plastic Surgery said if Kelly had stayed in the tanning bed for another two minutes, she would have needed skin grafts. She must stay out of direct sunlight for the next 10 years, doctors told her.

Kelly’s mother, Sharon Hannaford, said Kelly went tanning out of curiosity. She is now making a public plea that all unmanned salons are shutdown.

Click here to read more on this story from Sky News.