A 50-year-old man from Sweden has died after catching a disease from birds, The Local reported Wednesday.

The man was initially diagnosed with a serious case of pneumonia by doctors, according to the Sydöstran newspaper.

But tests later revealed he was infected with the Chlamydophila psittaci bacteria, which is common in birds and can be passed on to humans. The bacteria causes the disease known as Parrot Fever.

Ten days before he died, the man had cut down a tree with a large nest in it. Doctors believe he may have been infected at that time.

Click here for more on this story from The Local.