Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

Mom of 'Adolf Hitler' Denies Abuse Allegations

The mother of a 3-year-old named Adolf Hitler has broken a court-ordered silence, saying she and her husband would never abuse their Nazi-named son or daughters.

"My husband and I would never abuse our children, and he would never harm anybody," Deborah Campbell told the Express Times of Easton, Pa.

Click here for photos.

On Jan. 9, the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services took away Adolf Hitler and his sisters JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, 23 months, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, 9 months, from their Holland Township, N.J., home.

Their mother told the paper that state child welfare officials took the youngsters because a neighbor wrongly alleged that they had been abused and Campbell's husband Heath had abused her.

The agency, which by law cannot comment on specific cases, told FOXNews.com repeatedly that it would never remove children from a home simply because of their names.

But the children's mother told WCAU-TV in Philadelphia that she thinks the names were the reason.

"The names I believe are the problems," she told the station on Monday night. "They just don't want to come out and say that."

Deborah Campbell told the Express Times that officials mentioned prior domestic violence allegations against Heath Campbell from his previous marriages.

"This man has changed a whole lot," she told the paper. "He loves his children. They're his world."

Heath Campbell was hospitalized last week due to the stress of the current situation, she said.

Deborah Campbell said she broke the court order to help the family find a lawyer for the case.

A postponed court hearing hasn't been rescheduled.

Last month, the family made national news when they claimed a grocery store refused to make a "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" cake for their son.

"This is America," Heath Campbell told MyFOXPhilly.com then. "They say it's free. You have a right to name your child what you want to name your child — no matter what."

The family's landlord told The New York Times on Tuesday that he plans to start eviction proceedings against the family after they refused to vacate their home when their lease expired in November.

Click here to read more at LehighValleyLive.com.

Click here for more from MyFOXPhilly.com.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

See the latest updates on the hottest midterm races from Fox News

Full Elections Coverage →

Keep up with all the 2014 races in

Coverage →