Teen Dies After Allergic Reaction to Acne Medication

A 14-year-old boy died after he had an allergic reaction to his first dose of acne medication, BBC News reported.

Shaun Jones, a rugby player from Rhydyfelin in Pontypridd, England, developed difficulty breathing and collapsed after he took the pills.

His family described the medication as an "antibiotic" acne treatment. The family is awaiting completion of medical tests before naming the specific drug.

The medication warned of the dangers of potential allergic respiratory tract and skin reactions, but said deaths are very rare, according to the report.

“It is unbelievable,” Shaun's father, Graeme Jones told BBC News. “He was a strong, fit lad and was loved by everyone.”

Click here to read more from BBC News.