CONWAY, Ark. – A Conway-area man died from electrocution while he was using jumper cables to hook up power to his house after his electricity was shut off.
Authorities say 33-year-old Lonnie Montgomery was found dead Wednesday outside his home on Skunk Hollow Road. He was still clutching one end of a set of jumper cables. Officials say the other end was connected the electricity meter box.
Faulkner County sheriff's Lieutenant Matt Rice says it appears that Montgomery tampered with the meter box and a plastic cover installed by Entergy Arkansas after service was cut due to nonpayment.
Sheriff's Major Andy Shock says Montgomery was attempting to adjust or remove the jumper cables when he was electrocuted.