Louisiana Stripper Burned in Flame-Blowing Dance Routine

A dancer caught fire on stage, and the fire department said her flame-blowing routine violated the city's fire code.

Fire investigators told officials at the Deja Vu Hustler Club on Monday that they had been violating the fire code, said Brian Crawford, assistant to the fire chief.

"Apparently this had been occurring for some time, and as the burn injury brought it to our attention, we acted immediately," he said.

Paramedics were called to the club about 4:30 a.m. Friday. They took a 31-year-old dancer to the hospital; she was treated for second-degree burns on her face and neck, and released.

The club did not have a permit for indoor pyrotechnics, and investigators said it probably would not be allowed one if it applied, Crawford said.

Managers said they would comply.