• Silda Wall Spitzer originally is from Concord, N.C.; Eliot Laurence Spitzer is from Riverdale, N.Y.
• Silda Wall Spitzer was raised as a Baptist and is the daughter of a hospital administrator and a homemaker. She married fellow Harvard Law student Peter Stamos in 1982 — for only 29 days.
• Silda and Eliot Spitzer met at Harvard Law School in 1984, reportedly during a ski weekend with Harvard Law friends who shared a house he rented near Mount Snow, Vt. The couple married in 1987.
• Silda Wall Spitzer graduated summa cum laude from Meredith College with a bachelor's degree and has a juris doctorate from Harvard Law School; Eliot Spitzer graduated from Princeton University and Harvard Law School.
• The Spitzers have three daughters and reside on Manhattan's Upper East Side, choosing to live in New York City rather than the governor's mansion in Albany.
[Source: The New York Times, Nov. 10, 2006, "Her Next Job: First Lady of New York"; The Times Union, Dec. 17, 2006, "10 Things You Never Knew About Silda Wall Spitzer"]