TOKYO – A Sony-made battery in a Fujitsu laptop overheated and gave off sparks, injuring the user, as a Fujitsu worker was visiting to retrieve the laptop as part of the company's recall of Sony batteries, a Fujitsu spokesman said Friday.
The sparks hit the user's hand and caused minor burns, said Fujitsu spokesman Toshiaki Koike. The incident is under investigation.
Microscopic metal particles left inside the battery during production can cause a short circuit, according to Sony.
• Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Home Computing Center.