Naomi Campbell Back at Police Station After Alleged Attack

Model Naomi Campbell returned to a police station Thursday after allegedly being involved in an altercation with a woman the day before, reports said.

British TV network Sky News and The Sun of London reported that Campbell attacked her "drug counselor" on Wednesday. The woman showed signs of being "scratched all over the face," The Sun said.

Campbell, 36, was in her native London Wednesday, trying to renew her visa to work in the United States, and had to take some drug tests for that process, said her lawyer, David Breitbart.

Metropolitan Police had said Wednesday that officers were called to an address in central London in the afternoon and arrested a 36-year-old woman at 1:20 p.m.

Police declined on Thursday to say whether Campbell was involved. But in response to inquiries about her confirmed that "a 36-year-old woman" had returned to a police station Thursday morning and was released on bail until an undisclosed date in December.

The force has a policy of not naming people who have been arrested unless they are charged with a crime.

A statement from the Outside Organization, which represents Campbell, said, "We believe there has been a misunderstanding. Once police have investigated we are sure this will be resolved satisfactorily."

Campbell has been accused of assaulting at least six other people who have worked for her as assistants or maids.

She missed a court hearing in September to address charges that she hit her former maid Ana Scolavino, 38, in the head with her cellphone last March. That incident came after Campbell flew into a rage over a pair of missing designer jeans, Scolavino said.

In July, Amanda Brack, a former personal assistant to Campbell, filed a lawsuit against her, claiming the model smashed her in the head with a BlackBerry, threw her against a wall and smacked her in the face three times while in Brazil last year.

Brack's lawyer, Gerald McCarthy, said Campbell first unleashed a "verbal assault" on her in Mexico City when there were problems getting together with a large group of the model's friends, and then got physical in Rio de Janeiro.

The alleged attack left Brack's face bruised, but Campbell was extremely apologetic -- showering her with gifts and introducing her to her famous friends, McCarthy said.

After apologizing, however, Campbell allegedly spat in Brack's face, took $1,500 of her money and passport, then left her stranded in Morocco, according to the suit.

In June, Campbell was sued by another former maid, who claimed the supermodel tried to attack her, again after a pair of jeans disappeared.

Gabby Gibson is seeking unspecified money damages for personal injuries and employment discrimination.

"I'm terrified of her. She knows where I live," Gibson, a Romanian immigrant, told the New York Post earlier this year. "She has issues. She's not normal."

Police were called to calm a situation in Campbell's New York City apartment in 2004 after a scuffle between Naomi and maid Millicent Burton.

After some rolling around on the floor, Burton needed hospitalization. At the time, Campbell told police it was she who had been attacked.

In 2001, London police were called to her ex-boyfriend Flavio Briatore's Chelsea apartment at dawn, after Campbell allegedly threw a glass bowl at another maid.

In 2000, Campbell admitted in 2000 that she attacked her personal assistant Georgina Galanis. The model paid an undisclosed sum to Galanis and was not convicted of a crime.

The Associated Press and the New York Post's Hasani Gittens contributed to this report.

The Sun, Sky News and the New York Post are properties of News Corp. News Corp. is the parent company of FOX News Channel, which operates