Lindsay Lohan (search) has a mission ... and she wants to accept it. The actress says she has met with "Mission: Impossible III" director J.J. Abrams (search) regarding the possibility of starring in the third installment of the 1960s TV show remake.
"I actually met with J.J. Abrams, who is directing," Lohan says in an interview on "Access Hollywood" to air Tuesday. "I'm a huge fan of 'Lost' and 'Alias,' so hopefully, we will see what happens. If so, I'll be in training for a few weeks, putting on some muscles."
Abrams, the creator of both hit TV shows, was tapped last year for the directing gig. Paramount Pictures, the studio producing the sequel, is yet to announce any casting besides its star, Tom Cruise (search). Sidekick Ving Rhames is also expected to return.
"It's kind of an incredible feeling, I'm scared," Lohan said of the prospect of working with Cruise. "If I do 'Mission Impossible III' (search) that is going to be so exhilarating. I'm so excited, I just can't wait to do stunts and get all into it."
"Mission Impossible III" has been scheduled to begin shooting this summer and be released next year.
The 18-year-old actress will star this summer in "Herbie: Fully Loaded," to hit theaters June 22. She will also host NBC's "Saturday Night Live" this week, the season finale.