More danger from the ACLU: that is the subject of this evening's "Talking Points Memo."
As you may know, the American Civil Liberties Union (search) wants Terri Schiavo (search) to die saying it believes she did not want to live with a feeding tube and if you don't believe that, you are violating Terri's privacy rights. Once again, the ACLU comes down on the progressive side of an issue as it does 100 percent of the time these days.
On Monday, the ACLU won a big victory when the Supreme Court allowed the liberal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (search) to throw out an Idaho law requiring parental consent for under age abortion. That of course undermines American parents which is exactly what the ACLU wants.
Want more? OK...
• The ACLU believes any and all abortions should be legal.
• It believes American borders should be open. And it may sue a citizen's group called the Minutemen which will begin patrolling the southern border on Friday.
• The ACLU believes child pornography should be available on the Net. And it is also representing NAMBLA in a civil lawsuit in Massachusetts saying the North American Man-Boy Love Association has a right to print instructions on how to rape children.
• The ACLU believes pornographic outlets should be located wherever they want — in your neighborhood, next to a church, next to a school, no restrictions.
• It believes the military can't stop open displays of homosexuality within its ranks.
• It believes gay marriage and polygamy should be legalized.
• It is suing Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld (search) over torture allegations.
• And just today the ACLU criticized General Ricardo Sanchez (search) for the rough interrogation of some captured terrorists.
Are you getting all of this? Getting the picture?
It's quite apparent the American Civil Liberties Union wants a brand new America, where the gratification of the individual is paramount. In order to achieve that, the ACLU opposes all displays of religion on public property. It champions the secular and attacks judgment-based faith.
Finally, it is worth repeating a famous quote by the man who founded the ACLU, Roger Baldwin (search). This quote can be found in Baldwin's biography written by Peggy Lampson (search). Quote, "I am for socialism, disarmament and ultimately for abolishing the state itself as an instrument of violence and compulsion. I seek social ownership of property and the abolition of the propertied class."
I hope everybody understands just how dangerous this well-funded ACLU is to your freedom. These people say they're looking out for Terri Schiavo. They say they are looking out for you. Don't believe it.
And that's "The Memo."
The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day
Time now for "Most Ridiculous Item of the Day"...
You've heard about driving under the influence. Well, how about driving under clothed?
Nashville, Tennessee, police chased 41-year-old James Young through five counties — there they go — trying to get him to pull over because they suspected something was wrong. But in the end what was wrong was that Young was driving naked, which was very apparent when he was removed from the car. They put the shirt on him there.
Why this guy was driving with no clothes on is still a mystery. We just hope his seat belt was positioned properly. If it was not, it might be ridiculous. Driving naked.
I—You can watch Bill O'Reilly's "Talking Points Memo" and "Most Ridiculous Item" weeknights at 8 and 11 p.m. ET on the FOX News Channel. Send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org