Behind every significant change in American history — There lies a great debate. Freedom of speech entitles all Americans to stand up for what they believe in. There are two sides to every coin, and a true debate will bring forth the important facts. So stay with the # 1 nightly debate program on cable news because — We Debate. You Decide.
Tonight on "Hannity & Colmes" ...
• Violence in Iraq and White House release of Aug. 6, 2001 PDB stirs debate across the country -- Could we have prevented Sept. 11? Are we doing the right thing in Iraq?
Straight from the bully pulpit on Prime Time television President Bush (search ) addresses the issues.
Watch Bush's LIVE presidential conference at 8:30 p.m. EDT on Fox News Channel.
We'll get a full report from FNC White House correspondent Wendell Goler.
Also, More intel bigs in the hot seat before the 9/11 commission today. Attorney General John Ashcroft (search) explains the "simple fact" of Sept. 11 was that "we did not know an attack was coming because for nearly a decade, our government had blinded itself to its enemy." Have we taken the blinders off? Are we safer than we were before the dastardly attacks that shook the nation?
Ashcroft also says that "walls," or barriers between intelligence and law enforcement agents helped create the kind of culture that allowed Sept. 11 to happen. Have the barriers been broken down? Are Homeland Security operations in this post-Sept. 11 America strong enough to break through any bureaucratic roadblocks?
It is a busy night and we have experts ready to give you the answers you need to know. Joining us to share analysis, insight and of course debate will be:
• Solicitor General Ted Olson
• Former New York Sen. Al D'Amato
• Susan Estrich, FNC political analyst
• Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa.
• Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash.
• Gen. Wesley Clark, former Democratic presidential candidate
• Steve Pomerantz, former assistant director of FBI
• Bob Beckel, Democratic strategist
• Rich Lowry, FNC contributor
All these stories and much more!
Don't miss "Hannity & Colmes" LIVE this evening at 9 p.m. ET!