Veteran newscaster John Gibson gets to the core of the most salient issues facing America today as host of FNC's hard-hitting primetime show The Big Story with John Gibson, airing Monday through Friday at 5 p.m. ET, with expert legal analysis from Judge Andrew Napolitano and in-depth field reports from correspondent Heather Nauert.
Wednesday, August 27:
The battle inside Alabama’s Judicial Building may be over, but the Ten Commandment debate rages on
• Richard Hahnemann, sculptor who helped design monument
John Hinckley, the man who shot President Reagan in 1981, could be spending some time away from the mental institution
• Michael Reagan, former president’s son and radio talk show host
From relative obscurity to leading Democratic presidential candidate, Howard Dean has lit a fire under a huge number of voters. But is he peaking too soon?
• Jim Kessler, president of the political consulting firm Definition Strategies
Howard Dean has shot to frontrunner on the back of the Internet. His team has used the Web to raise funds, raise awareness and spread the word. Can the Net push TV aside and revolutionize politics?
• Phil Noble, founder of politicsonline.com
Iraq's civil administrator Paul Bremer says it will take tens of billions of dollars, just in the next year, to pay for reconstruction. How much money will it take to put Iraq back on its feet, period?
• Steve Kosiak, director of budget studies at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
“Those crazy Californians are at it again!” That seems to be the way this recall election is being played out in the media, but is the Golden State being misunderstood?
• Tom Honig, editor of the Santa Cruz Sentinel
Interview with one of California’s gubernatorial candidates
• William Tsangares, store owner and graphic artist
Be sure to tune into The Big Story with John Gibson ... weekdays at 5 p.m. ET.
Topics and guests subject to change.