Veteran newscaster John Gibson gets to the core of the most salient issues facing America today as host of FNC's hard-hitting primetime show The Big Story with John Gibson, airing Monday through Friday at 5 p.m. ET, with expert legal analysis from Judge Andrew Napolitano and in-depth field reports from correspondent Heather Nauert.
Here's a review of what was on the rundown for Tuesday, Oct. 8:
Members of the House and Senate debate President Bush's Iraq resolution, which would grant him wide authority in going after Saddam Hussein
• Sen. Thad Chochran, R-Miss.
• Leon Fuerth, former national security adviser to Vice President Al Gore
There is a split on the U.N. Security Council over Iraq, with some members actually being frozen out of the debate
• Marc Ginsberg, former U.S. ambassador to Morocco
Most of us think of Saddam Hussein as a two-dimensional and evil character. One writer went to Iraq to get a better overall picture of the butcher of Baghdad
• Nicholas Kristof, columnist for the New York Times
The suburban sniper, who's been terrorizing the suburbs of Washington this past week, may be hunting for sport... and that may make him even harder to catch
• James Fox, criminal justice professor at Northeastern University
Election Day 2002 is four weeks away. Voters in Iowa have a couple of minor messes to consider, including a taping scandal in the Senate campaign
• David Yepsin of the Des Moines Register
One of the six accused Al Qaeda terrorists in upstate New York gets bail, while the other five stay locked up.
• Judge Andrew Napolitano, FNC senior judicial analyst
Don't miss The Big Story with John Gibson ... weekdays at 5 p.m. ET.
We welcome your comments, so send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.