NEW YORK -- Keita Bates-Diop had 17 points and 12 rebounds, leading No. 22 Ohio State over Minnesota 67-49 Saturday for its seventh straight win.
The game was part of a two-sport Big Ten doubleheader at Madison Square Garden. At night, Minnesota and Michigan State were set to meet in hockey.
The Buckeyes (17-4, 8-0 Big Ten) used a 24-2 burst to overcome a 10-point deficit midway through the first half. They stayed in control, and went on to match last season's win total.
More Gophers coverage
- No Garden party: Coffey returns, but Gophers fall to Ohio State
- Wild recall former Golden Gopher Kyle Rau from Iowa
- Gophers hang tough, but Maryland pulls away with second-half run
- Sheehy tallies 100th career point as Gophers hold off Michigan State
- Gophers top Penn State, snap three-game losing streak
Kaleb Wesson added 15 points and eight rebounds for Ohio State.
Amir Coffey, who missed five games because of a shoulder injury, scored 11 points for the Golden Gophers (14-8, 3-6). Jordan Murphy had 13.
Minnesota: Host Northwestern on Tuesday.
Ohio State: Host Nebraska on Monday.