Former FIFA Vice President Chung Mong-Joon has accused the governing body of sabotaging his bid to succeed Sepp Blatter after banning him for six years from soccer.
More from FoxSports
The South Korean was investigated over the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding contest and he complains in a statement Wednesday that FIFA's ethics committee still has not provided him with the written reasons for imposing the punishment two weeks ago.
Chung failed in a bid to obtain an injunction from a Zurich court against the ban.
The deadline to submit candidacies to FIFA for the Feb. 26 election is on Monday. If any officials have current suspensions lifted before then, FIFA's election watchdog could still declare candidates eligible.
Chung said: ''I cannot maintain my candidacy because of the unjust sanctions, but I cannot appeal those sanctions or get an injunction from the Swiss court because I do not have the reasoned decision that FIFA's ethics Committee has so far refused to send me.''
Chung says ''FIFA continues to sabotage my candidacy for FIFA president.''