Wolfsburg boss Dieter Hecking has revealed his club have yet to receive a formal offer from Manchester City for Kevin De Bruyne.

The Belgium international playmaker impressed as Wolfsburg finished second in the Bundesliga and won the German Cup last season. Several English newspapers claim City have opened talks over a deal for the 24-year-old and, according to the Daily Mirror, are prepared to pay a British record £60m to secure his transfer.

But, speaking after Wolfsburg's 2-1 loss to Villarreal at the Emirates Stadium, Hecking said no bid had yet been made and he also confirmed the 24-year-old does not have any release clause in his contract.

More from FoxSports

"There's no official offer to Wolfsburg. Kevin's been very good with me and that's all there is to say," Hecking said. "I'm not here to talk about contractual matters. He has no clause, but that isn't the question for us. We have no offer from Manchester City. We have no offer from anybody."

And with Wolfsburg's Bundesliga opener against Eintracht Frankfurt looming on August 16, Hecking admits the speculation over De Bruyne's future is an unwanted distraction.

"Of course we want to see a conclusion to this situation. We had a great season last year and Kevin De Bruyne played a big role in this," Hecking added. "We want to finish this speculation. It's great for the media of course, but as a coach I have to concentrate on my team."