Former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton says he is coming out of retirement, more than three years after a comprehensive loss to Manny Pacquiao in the Briton's last fight.
Hatton, who won titles in the light welterweight and welterweight divisions, retired last year with a 45-2 record after being stripped of his boxing license in 2010 following newspaper revelations of drug use.
His comeback fight has been scheduled for Nov. 24 in Manchester, against an as-yet-unnamed opponent.
The 33-year-old Hatton slipped into depression and considered suicide while trying to come to grips with the second-round knockout by Pacquiao in May 2009.
Hatton says "no one wants to end their career that way," adding that "it's great to be back."