Vinny Prospal has found a new home.
Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson announced via Twitter that the club signed the 36-year-old center on Saturday. The Columbus Dispatch is reporting the one-year deal is worth $1.75 million, plus bonuses.
Prospal spent the past two seasons with the New York Rangers. Injuries limited him to just 29 games in 2010-11, but he tallied 9 goals and 14 assists during that span.
A former third-round draft choice (No. 71 in 1993) of the Philadelphia Flyers, Prospal has 227 goals and 453 assists in 978 NHL games. He also has 10 goals and 25 assists in 65 playoff matches.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory