The 32,254-square-foot palace is packed with custom features and made our weekly look at the most expensive new listings in the country. Here are 11 fascinating facts about the 63-year-old coaching legend's home:
- The HVAC system includes 18 (!) furnaces.
- Entertainment includes a golf simulator, enormous wet bar, two-lane regulation bowling alley, poker room, and racquetball court.
- A private gym is complemented by a locker room, steam shower, and sauna.
- The garage holds seven cars.
- Peyton Manning stayed here when he first arrived in Denver.
- There are his-and-her offices.
- You'll find six bedrooms and 13 bathrooms in the main house, with an extra two bedrooms and four bathrooms in the guesthouse.
- There are 11 fireplaces to ward off the winter chill.
- The 3.88-acre property has several fountains and water features, including a 65-foot pool with changing area for both men and women.
- There's a large wine grotto with ventilated cigar room with a European design.
- According to the Denver Post, the mansion was custom-built for Shanahan and his wife in 2008.
While it's likely he'll be making a trip to Canton, OH, to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame someday, it's unclear if Shanahan is going to take another head coaching gig.
His last job -- with the Washington Redskins -- was tumultuous to say the least. His stint in the nation's capital included the controversial handling of quarterback Robert Griffin III, and the team fired Shanahan at the end of 2013 after four up and (mostly) down seasons.