An email released by the House Select Committee on Benghazi Saturday suggests Hillary Clinton's State Department was advised to tell two different stories about what sparked the 2012 Benghazi terror attack: one to the U.S., and another in Libya.

"[O]ur view at Embassy Tripoli is that we must be cautious in our local messaging with regard to the inflammatory film trailer, adapting it to Libyan conditions," wrote an embassy official whose name was redacted from the Sept. 14, 2012 email.

The unidentified official said the offensive YouTube clip was "not as explosive as an issue" in Libya as it had been in other countries, such as Egypt.

"[I]f we post messaging about the video specifically, we may draw unwanted attention to it," the official said. "And it is becoming increasingly clear that the series of events in Benghazi was much more terrorist attack than a protest which escalated into violence."

Read more on WashingtonExaminer.com