• 1-15 ounce cans cream of coconut
• 1-14 ounce can condensed milk
• 1-13.5 ounce can coconut milk
• 1-12 ounce can evaporated milk
• 1 cup dark rum (use less if you like)
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon + more to rim glasses
• ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
• ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon coconut (or vanilla) extract
• Sugar in the raw
• Candy cane colored sprinkles
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender.
2. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar, sprinkles and ground cinnamon.
4. Dip rim of glass in water, then immediately in sugar mixture.
5. Pour coquito and serve cold.
Serves: This recipe makes about 36 ounces.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.