Children's Health

Woman posts warning photo about multitasking with babies after stove burner explodes

 (iStock)

A Wisconsin mother who posted a photo of herself with severe face, neck and chest burns is warning other parents about the possible dangers of multitasking while carrying their babies.

Molly Landis, a registered nurse at Aurora Health Care in eastern Wisconsin, shared in a Dec. 1 Facebook post that she suffered the burns after her stove burner exploded. Usually, Landis holds her 4-week-old in her wrap carrier on her chest, but on this particular night, the baby had already fallen asleep in her swing so was not on Landis’ chest when the explosion occurred.

“The worst of my burns is to my chest- exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier,” Landis wrote in the post, which had been shared over 24,000 times and reacted to more than 16,000 times as of Friday morning.

“The point of my message is to pleaseeeee (sic) be cautious of the activities we do while wearing our babies!” she continued. “Since this happened I have had so many moms say ‘omg, I do that all the time’ .. we never think it could happen to us and I never thought it would happen to me. So grateful she wasn't near the explosion.”

More on this...