Toddler at risk of infection after finding used condom in wafer


 (iStock/Matthew Benoit)

A 2-year-old boy in Russia is undergoing testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) after he ate a packaged wafer that had part of a used condom in it. 

Central European News (CEN) reported that Rayaz Khakimullin, of Kazan, in central Russia, had been eating his favorite snack when his mother noticed something else in his mouth. She demanded that he spit it out then was horrified to discover he had been chewing part of a condom that had been used.

“I am very concerned about my son’s health,” Guzel Khakimullin, Rayaz’s mother, told CEN. “It is disheartening how a package of sweets can contain something like that.”

CEN did not report the brand of the wafer.

Authorities aren’t sure how the condom got into the packaged food. Guzel is demanding that all of the company’s products be recalled because the rest of the condom could be in other wafer packages.

More On This...

"This can happen to any other kid,” she told the news website. “I want to do as much as I can to prevent it."