MADRID – A Spanish nursing assistant who recovered from Ebola is to be discharged from a Madrid hospital a month after she was admitted with the virus.
Carlos III hospital chief Rafael Perez-Santamarina said Teresa Romero will be released later Wednesday and will make a statement to the media.
She was the first person known to have contracted the disease outside of West Africa in the latest outbreak.
Hospital doctors said Romero, 44, received various treatments, including blood plasma from an Ebola survivor, but were unable to say if any had been effective.
Romero had treated two Spanish missionaries who died of Ebola in August and September after they were flown back from West Africa.
Doctors said she will be able to live a normal life and poses no contamination risk.