Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, Havana Central's executive chef Stanley Licairac shows how to make avocado stuffed with lobster and shrimp salad served with crispy tostones.
1 lb Chopped Lobster
1/3 lb Chopped Shrimp
2 tbs Mayonnaise
1/8 tsp Paprika
3 tbs Chopped red onions
¼ cup Fresh Lime Juice
Salt to taste
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Chopped Garlic
½ tsp Granulated garlic
2 or 3 Avocados (halved)
Method of Preparation
1. In a sauté pan: sauté the lobster and shrimp with the salt, black pepper and granulated garlic. (Until the shrimp turns pink in color. Do not overcook or seafood will be tough.)
2. Drain liquid from the seafood and let cool.
3. Chop lobster and shrimp in to small chunks.
4. In a separate mixing bowl add mayonnaise, chopped onions, chopped garlic, paprika, and lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
5. Fold chopped lobster and shrimp into the mayonnaise mix. Make sure to keep seafood intact and be sure mayonnaise is evenly distributed.
6. Take two avocados and cut them in half length wise. Remove the avocado pit. On the bottom of each half cut small slice of the avocado so it rests on plate. Slice inside of each avocado half into cubes.
7. Add a quarter (or sixth if you use 3 avocados) of shrimp and lobster salad mix into avocado halves.
8. Serve with tostones or plantain chips.