By replacing pasta with squash, this healthy rendition of an Italian favorite incorporates old-world ingredients with a modern twist by Sharp USA. Feta, olives, and basil add a comforting flavor to the squash, removing carbohydrates from the equation. Temperature and timing instructions are not noted, because the recipes are all pre-programmed in the Sharp Oven and were specially created for use in the Sharp SuperSteam+ Combination Steam and Convection Oven.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on oiled baking tray; Place on lower level
- Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled
- Add oil, in a glass pie pan, and heat onion until browned
- Add tomatoes and garlic into glass pie pan
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.