This savory and smoky eggplant dip combines the nutty flavor of roasted eggplants with creamy, delicious Chobani Greek Yogurt and a hearty dash of spices to make a party perfect dip. Paired with pita chips, it’s just the right balance of creaminess and crunch.
- 1/2 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt, Whole Milk Plain
- 3 large Japanese eggplants
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion, small dice
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Aleppo pepper or red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Score the eggplant skin with a knife. Grill (or roast) the eggplants over high heat until skin is charred and flesh is tender. When cool enough to handle, split in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh. Place in a wire mesh strainer. Press with a spoon to squeeze out excess liquid.
- Sauté the onion with butter, thyme and chopped garlic for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Place eggplant in food processor with onion mixture, lemon juice, cumin, Aleppo pepper/red pepper flakes, paprika, cinnamon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Add Chobani Greek Yogurt and process just to incorporate. Top with fresh mint and serve with lightly toasted pita bread.