Your typical pork tenderloin is getting a makeover in this fruity and sweet dish.
- 1 1/4 lb. pork tenderloin, sliced into ½ inch thick medallions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Stoneridge Orchards dried tart cherries
- Season the pork medallions with ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat and cook the meat until there is just a slight blush in the center about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the meat to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil and the shallots to the pan and sauté until they begin to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and the cherries and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the pork medallions and serve.